Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend project

This is what it looked like last year around our mail box. If you look close enough you can actually see a rabbit sitting by the little bush.


It only took us 2 years and 4 hours to decide what we wanted to do with this corner. This is what we decided to do. It didn't take us as long as we thought.



This is the cottonwood tree in front of our house. It's one of the reasons I liked the house because I liked this big tree. I can just imagine a big tree house in there. I have a love / hate relationship with this tree. I love the leaves when they are on the tree but it's a full time job in the fall and spring to get all the leaves picked up. There is also a problem that the aphids love this tree and unless I get this real expensive stuff and feed this tree it leaks all over the house lawn and neighbors cars. Then there is the cotton and the seed packets. It has been dropping cotton for the last week.




Today I mowed cotton. I've been sneezing ever since. I filled two bags of cotton just in our little front lawn. Soon I will like this tree again but right now no one likes it.





5 comments:

Trish said...

The corner looks great. I know what you mean about the cottonwoods. I think they're beautiful trees, but the upkeep! (Plus I found I'm allergic to them, not fun!)

KristiBT said...

sheesh. With all that cotton, you ought to be able to make youself a cute shirt.

LindsC said...

I like what you did to your corner. When I saw the first picture I kept looking for something different but then I saw the after picture. (Even with all that looking I didn't see the bunny until you pointed it out.) Oh and good luck with your love/hate relationship with your tree. I've been thinking lately that most everything has pro's and cons.

Brenny said...

The corner looks great! I love the bricks. Very cool picture of the mowed cotton. You are right about the love/hate relationship -- I didn't think it was possible to hate trees until we bought our house and had to deal with all the droppings. :)

wyomingerica said...

That is a lot of cotton! The corner looks great.