Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Camping on Shell Creek

Shell Creek is like going home for Curt...he would spend part of his summers up there every year. He would go up to the Ranger Station with his uncle and spend a week or two, fishing, hiking, fishing, and fishing. Now it is a family tradition that we've done for years.
Camping with the Casey guys never changes, they're always goofing off...

Then everyone wants their turn...

Camping with the Casey girls does change things... we never had videos before...


And now we're camping with the same shy camera dog. We just had to have her eye taken out but she's doing really well. She just won't let us take a picture of her.

While the guys and Brenda were fishing we were throwing rocks, flowers and sticks in the creek and sending them down stream to daddy.



I'm surprised there are still rocks on the bank. I thought they threw them all in.



Brenda, enjoying the morning...




There was a fire up by Cody, the wind shifted and filled up the whole valley with smoke. I tried to get a picture of the red sun and this one turned out the best.


8 comments:

Trish said...

Looks like you had a good time. The mountains are so pretty up there.

cbo said...

Wow that is a beautiful part of the country!

Brenny said...

The smoke was amazing, or I should say the smoke made the sunsets amazing. I didn't ever get a picture of it. Such cute girls! I miss them already...

LindsC said...

We had a blast! You got some good pictures!! I love the sun picture really neat.

Sonja said...

I Love your picture of the mountains and the smoke. We too have a fire in the winds right now and one night you could even see the flames from our yard. I have missed camping this summer, so your pictures have helped me realize that we need to do something in the mountains.

Ruth said...

We had a lot of fun. Thanks for everything!!!

Mike and Melea said...

Looks like a lot of fun.
Melea

The Jackson Clan said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.